Thursday, February 17, 2005

I Feel Blue

I'm listening to the blues, I suppose that doesn't help. Jeff(Buckley), John(Mayer), Jack(Johnson) and Dave(Matthews). It's a shame that their music makes me sad because I enjoy it so much, and I don't enjoy the more upbeat stuff they play. I guess thats not what I look to them for, I go to the boys when I'm in the mood to feel blue and don't really want to feel better. They never fail me; lost loves, dreaming of new ones, missing them, leaving them, coming back to them. I think if I were a songwriter I would have a hard time writing about anything other than love. That's probably why most songs are about just that. February is said to be the one month of the year that most people feel depressed. People just set themselves up to be sad. If I thought for two weeks about how alone and lonely I would be on Valentines Day then there's no way I could feel anything else but depressed on that day. But if you completely disregard the holiday as nothing more than candy hearts and greeting cards then thats simply what it is, and thats simply what I did. Thats how I managed not to be sad around Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I just didn't make a big deal of that day. If I have no family or friends around me to remind me of what I'm missing then I'm not missing anything at all. I know what I mean, you don't have to.
But I'm not blue because of V-Day, or for any real reason at all. Sometimes you just feel like being sad and listening to sad music, eating lots of chocolate and sugar cereal, going to bed early and writing in your journal about how sad you are for no reason. It's probably not healthy to create emotions we're not feeling but sometimes its necessary. I've found that when I listen to my angry girl rock at the gym, I work the hardest. It makes me angry that guys screw over women they love, it makes me angry that I've been screwed over and it just makes me want to punch the next guy in the groin. But I dont. Instead I run faster, or lift harder, determined to look that much better when I do run into Mr. Right or even better, Mr. Ex Boyfriend. So I've found that method works well for me. Every girl should have an angry girl rock cd or playlist to listen to in the event they're feeling sappy and screwed over.
Mine consists of:
Avril Lavigne(Forgotten, Losing Grip)
Alanis Morrisette (You Oughtta Know)
Liz Phair (My Bionic Eyes, Extraordinary)
Kelly Clarkson (Since U Been Gone)
Amy Studt (Just a Little Girl)
Bif Naked (I Love Myself Today)
Dido (Don't Think of Me)
Christina Aguilera (Fighter)
No Doubt (Just a Girl)
etc. let me know if you have others that would fit, I'm always welcoming newcomers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home